ADMISSION TO HIGHER DIPLOMA FOR 2013 / 2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
REGIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY
ADMISSION TO HIGHER DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES FOR 2013/2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed 2 – Year Higher Diploma programmes for the 2013/2014 Academic Year commencing in August 2013.
A. [i] HIGHER DIPLOMA IN MARINE ENGINEERING
[ii] HIGHER DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
[III] HIGHER DIPLOMA IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE
[IV] HIGHER DIPLOMA IN PORTS AND SHIPPING MANAGEMENT
B. TARGENT GROUP: Those interested in developing Professional Careers in the Merchant
Marine and Oil and Gas Industry
C. GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- WASSCE/SSSCE applicants must have at least five  credits [A1-C6/A-D] including Core English and Mathematics plus any other Three  relevant subjects.
- General Certificate of Education [GCE] Holders: Credit in at least five  G.C.E ‘O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two  Advanced Level passes in relevant subjects.
- Other Qualifications: Other qualifications including International Baccalaureate [IB] with a minimum of Passable, IGCSE with a minimum of Grade C, American Grades 12 and 13, FTC, City & Guilds Technician Part Two [ 2] and Advanced Technician Diploma, etc. in relevant subjects which are equivalent to the SSSCE/WASSCE or the GCE will be considered.
- Mature Candidates: Mature applicants must:
i. be 25 years of age or above at the time of the submission of the application form.
ii. have at least five  SSSCE/WASSCE passes or five  G.C.E. ‘O’ Level passes including
English Language and Mathematics. For programmes [i] to [iii] an Elective Mathematics
background will be an added advantage.
iii applicant s must pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examination in [English Language,
Mathematics and an Aptitude Test].
NOTE: i. Candidates for Nautical Science and Marine Engineering must equally meet
the conditions for Cadetship training programme.
ii. All candidates must satisfy specific Departmental requirements in
addition to the general requirements.
iii. Final Admission onto all programmes is based on successful completion of
physical and medical examination at the Regional Maritime University.
HOW TO APPLY
[I] DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
All applicants for the 2013/2014 Academic Year admissions are required to use the Regional Maritime
University [RMU] online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
[a] Make a payment of Seventy-Five Ghana Cedis [GHC75.00] or Forty Five US Dollars
[$45.00] for the RMU E-Voucher at;
[i] Regional Maritime University, Nungua – Accra, Cash Office
[ii] All Branches of the Ghana Commercial Bank
[iii] All Branches of Ecobank [foreign and local]
[b] The E-Voucher contains the Pin and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
[c] Access the online form by visiting the University’s online admissions portal at
[d] In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their passport size
[e] A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED.
[f] Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their
online applications. A form, once submitted, can be viewed, but cannot be edited.
[g] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificates and all
other relevant documents. These documents should be sent to the Registrar.
[h] Candidates are strongly advised to visit any Courier Companies in their Countries for
assistance towards the return of the application documents [see g].
[i] The application documents as specified in [g] above should be addressed to:
Regional Maritime University
Post Office Box GP 1115
Accra – Ghana
[II] INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
[a] Log onto the admission portal : www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions
[b] Click on International Applications and follow the instructions displayed on the page for the completion of the form.
The closing date for submission of applications is May 31, 2013. Candidates should note that no applications will be accepted after the deadline of May 31, 2013.
This advertisement can be found under ‘Admissions’ at the Regional Maritime University
For further information, please contact:
Telephone Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712343 / 712775
Direct Line : +233 302 714070
Fax Numbers : +233 302 712047
E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- 28th Jul 2017 ACADEMIC REFERENCE CONFIDENTIAL APPRAISAL FORM
- 2nd Aug 2017 CALL FOR ENROLLMENT ON THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY COURSE
- 31st Aug 2017 CHANGE IN RMU EXCHANGE RATE FOR REGULAR STUDENTS/MA/COC AND IMO MANDATORY SHORT COURSES PARTICIPANTS
- 29th Dec 2017 Press Release by Ghana Maritime Authority to Ghanaian Seafarers
- 29th Dec 2017 Diploma Certificate Holders to join BSc Programme
- ACADEMIC REFERENCE CONFIDENTIAL APPRAISAL FORM28th Jul 2017
- CALL FOR ENROLLMENT ON THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY COURSE 2nd Aug 2017
- CHANGE IN RMU EXCHANGE RATE FOR REGULAR STUDENTS/MA/COC AND IMO MANDATORY SHORT COURSES PARTICIPANTS31st Aug 2017
- Press Release by Ghana Maritime Authority to Ghanaian Seafarers 29th Dec 2017
- Diploma Certificate Holders to join BSc Programme29th Dec 2017